This medical equipment, required in clinics and hospitals, is used to monitor and control the vital signs of the patient connected to the device and requiring continuous monitoring, this device detects, processes and records the physiological and cardiac parameters of the patient, the design of these equipment should be simple to facilitate use by medical staff, nurses and paramedics.
Values recorded by a vital signs monitor
- Heart rate: they are two sounds and should be rhythmic and regular, occurring 60 to 100 times in one minute, the latter is called heart rate.
- Blood pressure: The blood pressure reading uses two numbers. The systolic number usually rises before or above the diastolic number .
- Pulse: number of heartbeats per minute.
- Oxygen saturation: The amount of oxygen available in the blood.
- Body temperature: Measuring body temperature may detect illness, effectiveness of treatment, or a fever.
General characteristics of a patient monitor
- Modular system, flexible and open to new developments.
- Graphical user interface.
- Configurable and customizable.
- Detection, storage and classification of arrhythmias.
- 24-hour trend storage.
- Visual and sound alarm systems.
Parts of a Vital Signs Monitor
- Visual alarm.
- ECG signal display.
- SpO2 signal display.
- Breathing signal display.
- Handle for transport.
- Power button.
- Starting and stopping NPI.
- Selection control.
How to Read a Vital Signs Monitor
A vital signs monitor must be handled by specialized medical personnel, some can be programmed and configured manually with the data we require, set parameters and set alarms, others are already configured factory, however, we should observe the graph of an electrocardiogram, also to read the alterations of invasive and noninvasive blood pressure, oxygen saturation in the blood, body temperature, intracranial pressure, among other values for which it has been configured.
All the recorded values appear on the monitor, so we should know that 20/80 means you have a systolic pressure of 120 and a diastolic pressure of 80; the appropriate saturation levels cause the cells of the body to receive the right amount of oxygen, the alarms that report when these parameters leave what is considered normal values.
KALSTEIN Patient Monitors
- Patient monitor YR02161: color LED display, alarm limits are adjustable and its rechargeable battery lasts up to 4 hours.
- Fetal Doppler Ultrasound Monitor YR02181: 7-wafer pulse ultrasound transducer, configured with a special heart rate autocorrelation reading algorithm to ensure accurate and reliable measurement of fetal heart rate (FCF).
- Fetal Doppler Monitor YR02180: High sensitivity multiwafer impulse ultrasound transducer, MHZ working mode, easy to obtain the FHR.
- Multiparameter Patient Monitor YR02178/YR02179: Visual and sound alarm with three-color alarm light.
- Patient Monitor YR02175/YR02176/YR02177: anesthetic depth and EtCO2 monitoring modules are available.
- Head-end monitor YR02173/YR02174: Long-term continuous monitoring and real-time care at various physiological parameters.
- Patient monitor YR02170//YR02172: Single adjustable breathing cable for increased accuracy in monitoring neonatal patient.
- Vital Signs Monitor YR02164: Simple and accurate assessment of vital signs or for continuous monitoring.
feel free to contact us KALSTEIN through the website, we are a company manufacturer of laboratory equipment of international coverage with the best offers in online sales/purchase, if you have doubts about which purchase, we will help you, in addition to offering you the best products.