A multi-parameter monitor is an electronic medical equipment that allows monitoring of vital signs of patients in critical condition or who should undergo continuous medical supervision, in case any alteration in the values of these occurs; the vital signs that usually measure and record this device are: heart rate (ECG), respiratory rate (RESP), non-invasive blood pressure (NIP), pulse (PR), oxygen saturation (SpO2), temperature (TEMP), CO2 and invasive blood pressure (PAI).
Although this equipment, depending on its configuration and complexity, can measure and display more than 20 different types of parameters, coming from sensors and devices that are placed in the patient, and has an integrated alarm system that alert the medical and nursing staff when there is an adverse situation or any of the parameters is outside the desired limits.
How does a multi-parameter monitor work?
A multiparameter monitor can be set manually; you can also set parameters on values and place alarms that alert when these parameters go beyond what is set as normal values.
They also have the ability to record and store data in the event of an arrhythmia; storing the graphs of electroencephalograms; for subsequent analyzes and interpretations.
What is the purpose of a multi-parameter monitor?
The essential objective of a multiparameter monitor is to detect, display and store the main vital parameters of a patient. These parameters can be displayed separately on the monitor, and in the event that any of them are below or above normal for the patient’s age, or any other adverse activity is generated, an alarm will be triggered to warn the medical and nursing staff, and in this way the necessary protocols are activated in order to take the necessary measures. These alarms are visual and sound, but can be easily silenced if you are trying to solve the problem that has generated them.
This measurement and recording is achieved in the case of heart rate amplifying the electrical potentials of the heart thanks to the use of electrodes connected to the patient’s body, in the case of respiratory frequency the equipment magnifies the respiratory movements of the chest, and the blood pressure and oxygen saturation will depend on the intensity of the pulse. These monitors are of great help especially in patients undergoing anesthesia, medicines or any other treatment that determines the need for blood, variation in medication or volume replacement, such as a plasma expander.
What parameters does a multiparameter monitor determine?
- Respiratory rate: It is one of the most important vital signs, the team simply determines the number of times the patient breathes/breathes per minute.
- Blood pressure: its monitoring is extremely important in patients with acute or severe diseases. It refers to the force of blood when pushing against the walls of the arteries. The systolic pressure indicating the pressure inside the artery when the heart contracts and pumps blood to the body is determined. And the diastolic pressure is the pressure inside the artery when the heart is at rest and filling up with blood. They are measured in millimeters of mercury mm Hg.
- Heart rate: It is the rhythm or regularity with which the heartbeat usually occurs are two noises and should be rhythmic and regular, occurring 60 to 100 times in a minute, the latter is called heart rate. This determination is achieved thanks to electrocardiographic monitoring, which helps detect arrhythmias, heart palpitations and other heart problems.
- Pulse: refers to the number of heartbeats per minute. Pulse assessment provides essential information about any cardiac alteration, and thus indications of any possible medical condition.
- Oxygen saturation: It’s the amount of oxygen available in the blood. When the heart pumps blood, oxygen is bound to red blood cells and distributed throughout the body.
- Body temperature: The measurement of body temperature can be useful to identify a disease, this is achieved thanks to the use of thermometers coupled to the equipment.
What do we offer you in Kalstein?
Kalstein is a company MANUFACTURER of medical and laboratory equipment of the highest quality and that have the most advanced technology at the best prices in the market, so we guarantee you a safe and effective purchase, knowing that you have the service of a solid company and committed to health. This time we present you our patient monitor YR02176, this new equipment has the following features:
- 8.4-inch touch screen;
- Built-in handle and 1.6 kg weight, easy to carry;
- Capable of utilizing the module, anesthetic depth monitoring modules and EtCO2 available.
- 5 hours of battery life, covers the requirement for patient transfer;
- Compatible vehicle power supply.
- The fan-less design ensures low noise.
- Multiple interfaces for different departments.
For more information we invite you to take a look at HERE