The neonatal heater is a necessary equipment within the intensive care units, which allows saving the life of newborns, keeping them in optimal body temperatures of their body. As soon as the infant is born, it loses a lot of body heat, which can be deadly for them, subjecting them to controlled temperatures to make them feel comfortable, cozy and safe, thus avoiding any state of hypothermia, which would be detrimental to all their bodily and organic functions.
Likewise, controlling the health status of the newborn is a delicate and important factor for its survival and safety. Therefore, it is important to know how is the control and management of temperature and the actions that can be performed to keep it in functional conditions.
Characteristics of the Neonatal Warmer
This equipment, is quite large and can be moved between rooms by a convenient system of wheels. The wheels are able to be locked and thus ensure the movement of the baby in the heater.
In this sense, these characteristics are as follows:
- It features microprocessor control pattern for skin temperature recording (servo control) and manual with wide skin viewfinders, power indicator and five audio-visual alarms.
- Includes temperature sensor.
- Heater with free movement that allows free access for X-rays allowing continuous heating of the newborn.
- Steerable halogen quarter examination light.
- Preheating model ideal for use in reception of the newborn.
- Spacious heaters (55x65cn) with antiallergic mattress and washable.
- 180-degree side-resistant and transparent material panels with two rear cannulas.
- Includes electronic drive for continuous movement.
How to use the Neonatal Heater
They are important and useful, because they do not interrupt the direct heat source to the child. It is used in delivery room and post-operative intensive care units, lasertherapy, neonatal disorders with multiple drains, probes, central pathways. And for its wide use, it is recommended that before placing the newborn in the neonatal heater, the equipment should be turned on so that the mattress and sheet where the newborn is supported are kept warm, with a temperature of 36.5°-37°C (conduction). Similarly, the child should be placed in an incubator at the intensive care unit entrance (if required) after birth. In addition, the side walls of the heater should be raised to create microclimate and avoid air currents (convection) for the use of term children.
Neonatal heater brand KALSTEIN
At Kalstein, we have for you the best equipment, for advanced babies of the Heal Force heater family, YR model, which provides an enriching and vital environment. Equipped with phototherapy units on top and under the bed, the baby can get better treatment. Low pressure suction and resuscitation units are also available for this model. It has important features, such as:
- Preheating, manual control and skin temperature mode.
- Servo-controlled microprocessor-based temperature system with far infrared heater
- Temperature deviation can be observed and corrected on the front panel for error measurement.
- Self-test function for safety reasons.
- Upper and lower phototherapy units
- The tilt of the bed can be adjusted.
- Heater head can be adjusted horizontally between 0-90 °
- Folding transparent protector
- Fall protection function of the skin temperature sensor to prevent overheating
- Audible and visible alarm indications for multiple faults with 3 priorities
- Comfortable tray for X-ray cassettes under the children’s bed
- The large crib is suitable for operation.
- 40% constant power heating function
- Dual phototherapy units provide treatment for jaundice.
- Vertical height can be adjusted.
- OFF timer
- RS-232 connector
Visit us on our HERE page, we have the best prices and we have the best advice for your purchase, in addition to being manufacturers we offer you the best and advanced technology. For more information, visit us at HERE