A power source for electrophoresis is a device that manages the current in a constant and direct way to the electrophoresis system, as well as indicates and controls both the supply voltage and the current consumption. In other words, this equipment supplies the energy necessary for this system to function properly; and this delicate laboratory technique can be carried out.
Electrophoresis is a molecular biology technique based on the migration of molecules through a gel or matrix of porous nature, to which an electric field is applied, to separate these molecules according to their size or molecular weight, this thanks to the action of a power source for electrophoresis chambers, since this component is responsible for providing the electric field necessary to be able to displace or mobilize the molecules.
What are the characteristics of a power source?
Among the main characteristics of a power source, reference is made to its capacity. Among these features we can point out:
- Voltage: It refers to the voltage range that a source is able to provide, it is important to ensure that our source meets the voltage ranges for all our applications, because this range will not be exceeded.
- Current: Specifies the current range that the power source can provide us. Like the voltage feature, this range cannot be exceeded.
- Power: This parameter indicates the maximum combination of voltage and current that the source can supply us. It is very important to verify this feature since there are dual or multirank sources that are limited by their power, but allow different voltage and current ranges.
How does the power source for electrophoresis work?
A power source for electrophoresis systems works by converting the alternating current coming in from the electrical supply, into direct current, and distributes it to the devices that request it. This is why it acts as a transformer, rectifier and regulator in its output, to avoid voltage spikes that damage the system.
The power source power for electrophoresis is designed to be used in the separation of DNA, RNA and proteins. Because the power supply of the electrophoresis system fails, it can generate failures in the execution of the technique, which is why it is necessary to ensure that this source works in the correct way and that its capacity is sufficient to cover the energy needs of all the internal components of the system.
What do we offer you in Kalstein?
At Kalstein as manufacturers of laboratory equipment of the highest category we have understood that one of the key aspects in the realization of electrophoresis, is the electrical part related to the supply of current and voltage necessary for the separation of the components to be studied, and that without an adequate power source for the electrophoresis system it is impossible to obtain optimal results in the execution of electrophoresis. That is why we present our power source for electrophoresis YR03404, novel equipment that has the following characteristics: HERE
- Molding housing, touch keys, intelligent dual-core microprocessor control;
- Enter the preset value and the actual output value at the same time;
- It can store 10 electrophoresis methods;
- With automatic memory function;
- With standard timing operation function;
- Constant voltage, constant current, constant power, malfunction, intelligent fault warning functions;
- Automatic detection of no load, overload, short circuit, rapid resistance change, ground leak and overheating of the system.
For more information visit us on our website, in the products section HERE