At birth, the newborn experiences temperature changes, in which it tends to decrease significantly due to the loss of heat that occurs by handling, convection, luminescence and evaporation.
Infant incubators provide the newborn with thermal air flows thanks to a turbine and temperature measurement mechanisms, from a water reserve that moistens the air and is directed towards the patient.
Incubators, within their functions, resemble an artificial uterus, creating an optimal environment for the newborn. They are made with hypoallergenic material, transparent material, mattress, platform, rolling base and control module, where all the parameters that will control the temperature are found.
Functions of Infant Incubators
Infant incubators have a heating device, which is activated by an electrical signal, which is proportional to the difference between the measured temperature and the reference value preset by the operator.
Several aspects should be taken into account to highlight the essential functions of infant incubators and the effects they cause on babies, including:
- Temperature control: These provide integral heaters that allow improving the temperature of the environment, through sensors that detect a significant drop in humidity and cause the humidifiers of the environment to activate.
- Weight control: which records the weight of the baby from a balance integrated to the equipment, and allows to see the evolution of the baby without the need to mobilize it.
- Monitoring: the neonate inside the infant incubator, is connected to electrodes that measure vital signs, these sensors include an electrocardiogram that records heart rate, an electroencephalogram, which records brain activity, and respiratory rate sensors.
- Oxygen supplement: through a mask, it allows creating an oxygen-rich atmosphere that favors the good development of the newborn.
Therefore, it is very important to try to control each of the factors in order to obtain and maintain a neutral thermal environment for the newborn.
Structure of the Infant Incubator
Currently, the different technical advances, base their work on a microcomputer that with algorithms of control and measurement, in the functions of the incubator children.
Infant incubators are made with control and heating systems, which, has important structures that characterize it, which are:
- Transparent chamber or container, within which the neonate is placed and where a controlled microclimate is generated.
- Organizer, as a stand for the camera and its control systems.
- Air control mode.
- Patient or servo-controlled mode of control.
- Port or entry for oxygen supply.
- Block or alarm control.
Some teams combine the thermal capabilities of a neonatal incubator with the advantages of a radiant heat unit in terms of easy patient access. These incubators must operate with alternating current and/or battery, have the necessary requirements for the structure to be able to be transported in air and ground. Protection against vibration and external noise. Electromagnetic emissions, limited so as not to interfere with air transport.
Infant incubators in KALSTEIN
We at KALSTEIN, have a wide range of equipment totally advanced in technological level, because we are manufacturers and we dedicate ourselves to that you have your best choice in the purchase and at the best prices of the market. We offer you the best advice, and for your convenience, we think of you, and this case, we have the children’s incubator YR02188 is designed with an advanced thermoregulation system for the neonatal intensive care unit. The ultrasonic humidifier provides low temperature and comfortable airflow inside the incubator. The adjustable humidity range of 40% to 80% provides the right incubation environment for patients. The design of the double wall camera, prevents the loss of heat and moisture. The servocontrolled humidification system maintains the relative humidity at a constant level in the incubator. Low temperature and ultrasonic nebulized humidification protects the newborn from bacterial contamination. Widely applicable in all hospitals and clinics, optimized for premature deliveries or for some term sick babies. Check out our catalog at HERE